Finfoot Lake Reserve
GET CLOSER TO NATURE, GET CLOSER TO HOME
Finfoot Lake Reserve is everything you could want in a weekend break or week-long holiday. Located near Johannesburg (only 90 minutes’ drive), that much-needed slice of peace and quiet is within easy reach for travellers seeking to escape the urban jungle.
This lodge near Johannesburg is naturally crafted from wood and thatch, perfectly complimenting the surrounding woodlands and foliage. Finfoot Lake Reserve offers two accommodation options: comfortable chalets or a stylish self-catering villa located close to the Vaalkop Dam, which is ideal for families and groups of friends celebrating a special occasion.
The large thatched lapa serves as the main hub at Finfoot Lake Reserve. This open-sided, breezy building is home to the camp's bar and cosy lounge areas where most meals are served. Descend a few steps out onto the sun deck, where there's plenty of seating to sit back and soak up the view. The swimming pool is a popular spot for those looking to put their feet up with a cocktail or two.
Finfoot Lake Reserve is true South African hospitality at its best. The conference centre caters for up to 60 delegates if you are looking for a venue to host your next event. We can arrange a number of interactive team building activities too.
Set within the tranquil Greater Pilanesberg area and a short drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, you will still find yourself in the heart of the action as this is a place of plenty when it comes to activities. Bring your bike, go for a paddle on the lake. Try a bush walk or game drive, delight in a sunset barge cruise, or how about taking on the Segway safari if you’re up for a bit of fun?
- Post Net 4519, Private Bag X 82323, Rustenburg, 0300
- 012 277 8911
After-hours: 060 605 5878
- S25°20.256' E27°23.929'
Directions to Finfoot Lake Reserve:
- Travel on the N4 west towards Rustenburg. Take the Sun City off ramp and turn right towards Sun City.
- Travel for 47km through three 4-way stops (2.7km, 23.5km and 15.7km respectively). 7.8km after the third 4-way stop, turn right at Finfoot sign (Brown road sign FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE 500M)
- Travel for 3km and turn right (Brown road sign FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE).
- Travel for 14km on gravel road (white road signs FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE 14km and 6km)
- Turn right and arrive at gate (White sign FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE)
- Please contact Reception on 060 605 5878 to open the gate.
- Follow the Finfoot signs on the sand road until you reach the lodge (7.7km).
- GPS: 25°19'34.3"S 27°26'29.8"E