Flower Power | Piekenierskloof Mountain Resort
Between July and October each year, the sun-baked plains and sandstone mountains of the West Coast metamorphose into a kaleidoscope of brilliant colour as the veld gives rise to the world renowned wild flowers.
The roadsides and wetlands are filled with the last patches of Arum Lillies and white Rain Daisies herald the arrival of spring, jostling with tiny yellow Button Daisies, Blue Flax and pink Nemesias. Look out for the daintier, sometimes hidden Winecups, Sparaxis, Lechenalia and Babiana flowers. Good rains will ensure that the carpets of flowers last well into October and multi-coloured Vygies, Watsonias and fields of orange and yellow ‘Stinkkruid” will await you too.
Biedouw Valley and Ramskop Nature Reserve near Clanwilliam, Tienie Versfeld and Groenekloof Reserve near Darling, “Groot Winterhoek” Reserve near Porterville, Postberg in the West Coast National Park and the three floral kingdoms (Fynbos, Succulents and Nama- Karoo vegetation) in the Namaqua West Coast region, is a must to visit.
Book today and make Piekenierskloof your home-base!
To fully take advantage of the region’s spring, wild flower experience, book your stay at Piekenierskloof Mountain Resort! The resort offers private, spacious suites with what-more-could-you-need amenities, valley views and self-catering chalets ideal for families and friends.
Kick back and enjoy the resort facilities or tap into your inner adventurer. There’s hiking, mountain biking, target shooting, zip lining and volleyball. Piekenierskloof Mountain Resort is perfectly located for you to head out on a self-drive this flower season.
If you plan on visiting the Cape Flower Route this season, be sure to pay a visit to these key destinations. Embark on a journey through nature's confetti and experience the wonderful wild flowers of the Cape!
Showcasing the inimitable flora exclusive to the Clanwilliam district and Ramskop Nature Reserve while also raising public awareness on conservation issues, the Clanwilliam Wild Flower Show has become a standing tradition for flower fanatics since its inception in 1972. Every year visitors with a love and appreciation of the beauty of wild flowers are drawn back to a blossoming Clanwilliam, indisputably the first must-see of the floral fantasy land the region transforms into.
Since its inception in 1917, the flower festival has been showcasing the kaleidoscopic wonders of the West Coast flower region, which is an integral part of the Cape Fynbos Biome. The Darling area is a unique intersection point for different types of soil and has more than 1200 species of blooming plants, with about 80 species of the flowers found in the area being completely endemic to the region.
The annual Hopefield Fynbos Show is one of the largest community events in our town. The Fynbos show focusses on the importance of the conservation of the Fynbos biodiversity zones directly adjacent to Hopefield and both the flower display and herbarium are rated as one of the best in the country!
Piekenierskloof Mountain Resort is a participating resort of our Dream Xplorers Kids Activities Programme. Your Passport is your gateway to the many fun and exciting activities at the resort. The more activities you complete, the more badges you can earn...and if you earn enough badges, you could win some pretty cool prizes!
Terms & Conditions: Pricing based on BAR (Best Available Rate) at time of booking and subject to availability.
and our reservations team will be in contact to assist you further:
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please note that overcrowding of rooms will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages. Should the maximum occupancy be exceeded the resort shall have no alternative but to insist that the number of guests exceeding the maximum immediately leave the resort or book alternative rooms
- The booking will be confirmed with a confirmation letter and the confirmation letter must be produced on check-in at the resort, and failing such the resort may refuse admittance.
- Only the guests whose name appears on the confirmation letter will be permitted occupation.
- The resort may, for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest. Although the resort endeavour to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.