Mthimkhulu Wilderness Trails – Experience the Big 5 on foot
Embark on an epic walking safari in the Greater Kruger bush. Challenge your inner adventurer as you follow the banks of the Klein Letaba River, in an authentic encounter with the untouched, untamed African wilderness and the creatures that find sanctuary in its midst.
Set within a 7,500-hectare private reserve that shares an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park and spans 42km of river frontage, Mthimkhulu Wilderness Trails promises the ultimate walking safari experience.
EXPERIENCE THE BIG 5 ON FOOT
from R1 500.00 per person per night.
(Minimum 2-night stay, minimum 4 guests sharing)
UNTAMED EXPERIENCES IN THE KRUGER PARK BUSHVELD
Immerse yourself in the untouched, untamed African wilderness, challenging your inner adventurer in an authentic encounter with the surrounding bush and the creatures that find sanctuary in its midst.
Each Mthimkhulu Wilderness Trails experience runs over three days, allowing you the freedom to move with the pace of nature.
Trust your highly skilled and armed tracker-guides to keep you safe and delve into the stories of the bushveld you’ve never heard before – the often overlooked species, the medicinal uses of plants and trees, the secret habits of mammals in the wild – an indulgence not enjoyed from the comfort of a 4X4 vehicle.
Learn about the diverse species of bird, insect, reptiles and mammals that play such an important role in the ecosystem that makes up this unique landscape. Rediscover your sense of self and your role in their protection.
This walking safari experience is ideal for solo travellers, couples and groups of friends – each experience an intimate one with no more than eight participants.
And as the sun sets over the bush and day becomes night, board the safe haven of your game vehicle for a discovery of the Letaba wilderness in the dark, witnessing the nocturnal activities of the wildlife and remembering always: Driving is a visual experience… Walking is a sensual experience
Send us a message below and one of our agents will be in contact to assist you further.
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please note that overcrowding of rooms will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages. Should the maximum occupancy be exceeded the resort shall have no alternative but to insist that the number of guests exceeding the maximum immediately leave the resort or book alternative rooms
- The booking will be confirmed with a confirmation letter and the confirmation letter must be produced on check-in at the resort, and failing such the resort may refuse admittance.
- Only the guests whose name appears on the confirmation letter will be permitted occupation.
- The resort may, for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest. Although the resort endeavour to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.